Ever feel tired and run down, but you don’t know why? Can’t concentrate? When I feel frazzled or overwhelmed I almost always know that I need to balance my chakras.
The chakras are a group of seven major, and many minor, energy centers that radiate from your body to the external world. Energetic information is constantly transferred from your chakras out, and, from the environment in. The body maintains homeostasis by this mechanism. If even one chakra is blocked or clouded, you will be left feeling out of sorts.
Consider that just your heart chakra may be blocked. The heart chakra is located at about the center of your chest. This chakra is represented by the color green. The heart chakra controls the love you express (outward) and your ability to receive love. If this chakra is even a bit clouded you will be unable to see and feel loving energy – not a good thing for a spouse, lover, or friend. You may even think that a friend who requests a pick-me-up when he or she is feeling down is being unrealistic and demanding. A closed heart chakra will leaving you feeling unloved and hopeless.
There are seven chakras that run the length of your body from about the tailbone to the top of your head. They are represented by the colors of the rainbow. Remember ROY G. BIV? Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet?
Here I will list the chakra locations and the corresponding colors:
- The Root Chakra: Your base, or, root chakra is at the base of your spine. It is represented by the color red. It is the center that keeps you grounded and connected to the earth and your daily life. When you are well-connected by the root chakra you are aware of the connection to daily activities. You can easily go about your day, remember calendar events, and navigate through the world. When you are not grounded by the root chakra you will feel flighty and unable to perform the activities of daily living. You may forget what you are supposed to be doing. You may forget appointments. You may feel tired and spent. To ground yourself, and your root chakra, imagine a cord that runs from the base of your spine to the ground. Now push the cord further through the earth’s surface and right down to the earth’s core.. Better yet, imagine a cord running from either side of your body or hips to the earth’s core. These cords will metaphorically hold you in place when you feel off-balance.
- The Sacral chakra: this energy center is located in the area between your navel and your legs. The sacral chakra is represented by the color orange. It is your sexual and creative center. When this chakra is open and active you are sexually free, creative, and carefree. If you paint, write, invent, or dance, your sacral chakra is in charge. When the sacral chakra is blocked or closed you will lose your sex drive. You may even suffer medical illness of the reproductive tract. Some women report an in ability to get pregnant when this chakra is not working effectively. Men report a low libido or an inability to get going at work or play. A cloudy sacral chakra may also cause writer’s block or poor performance on creative ventures. What good is an inventor who can’t invent?
- The Solar Plexus: above your naval you will find the third chakra, the solar plexus. Here is your emotional center. This chakra controls your emotions and is represented by the color yellow. If you are upset the chakra is visualized by an intuitive as turning poorly, or, not at all. If you often get butterflies in your stomach, you can blame the solar plexus chakra. This is your bodies’ way of telling you something is wrong. Listen! Emotions are guided by the third chakra so be sure to clear this chakra if you are feeling upset, depressed, or anxious. More on that in future posts. See also Chakra Clearing in my online store. I can help you learn to do this for yourself in the future.
- The fourth chakra is called your Heart chakra and it is located in about the center of your chest. Te color green is associated with the heart chakra. This chakra controls both the love you extend to the world and the love you receive. If the chakra is closed, you will need to work to open it up again. Self-blame and pity often make us feel as if we are unworthy of receiving love. Anger makes our heart chakra shut down as well.
- The Throat chakra is located around the area of your voice box and it is represented by the color blue. It helps us interact with the world by speech and sound. Here, songs and phrases count. When you feel a need to clear your throat before speaking, you are opening yourself to speak your truth to the world. An open Throat chakra allows you to express yourself easily and freely. A blocked throat chakra presents itself as stuttering, stammering, sore throat, or, at worst, an inability to speak – laryngitis!
- The Third Eye – your clairvoyant center – is located at the forehead just between your eyes. The color indigo is associated with the third eye. It is the visual center for the brain, metaphorically, that is. We all know we see with our eyes. This type of “seeing” happens by dream state. If your third eye is open you will easily visualize by imagination. If it closed, you will have difficulty imagine anything in your mind’s eye.
- Finally, at the top of the head is the Crown chakra. This chakra is your intuitive center and is associated with the color purple. It communicates with the Divine, and, by your intuition. When you are open to the spiritual realm, you will receive intuitive messages via the crown chakra. When you are closed, you will feel spiritually depleted and lonely. You will feel as if there is no purpose in life.
Trust me when I tell you that there is great purpose to our being on this earth. When all seven chakras are functioning efficiently you will feel comfortable, productive, and blessed. When even one chakra is closed or cloudy, you will feel down trodden. Perhaps you need to clear your chakras. I can lead you through a guided meditation that will clear and balance your chakras so you can function more easily.
Looking to increase your intuition? Let’s clear and tap your crown chakra for better understanding. See my shop online at pamjacobsarasota.com or call for more information. Chakra Clearing takes only one half hour and it is inexpensive.